Wednesday, April 11, 2012

New adventures

Wow, I have been a slacker with blogging... and it's not because nothing is going on, because ALOT has been going on.

Blake turned a whopping 23 years old. He graduates next week! (hallelujah)

I got my new, totally awesome neon Nike Free running shoes... I never want to take them off...EVER

I am running a marathon.
Yes, a MARATHON! 26.2 miles. I may be slightly off my rocker. It's always been on my bucket list of things to do and right now is my chance! It will be in September or October and I am making some good progress in my training. I ran a half marathon a couple summers ago with my good friend Chante... it was hard work but so awesome to set your mind to something and do it. After finishing I can distinctly remember saying that I didn't think I would/could EVER run a full marathon... So I'm not sure what has gotten into me but I really want to do it. I have a really awesome trainer, he keeps a record of my times and distances and keeps me motivated to go even on the days that I would rather stay home in my pajamas all day and eat donuts and cadbury eggs. His name is Blake Biddulph.
It is rather silly to pay to run 26.2 miles I know... Blake offered to set me up a course himself free of charge in fact, which I kindly refused. Anyways.... that's that, I'm doing it.


We are moving to DELAWARE for the summer!
Random huh. Blake is going to do a summer sales thing for 14 weeks there.... we leave May 2nd which is coming up so soon! I know what you're thinking, they got sucked into another one of those pish posh summer sales things. But this is a really good one! (that's what they all say I'm sure) hah but it really is and we couldn't pass up the opportunity. Neither of us have been to to the northeast and we are really excited to be able to see that part of the country and see what it's like to live there for a while. One fabulous perk is that my wonderful brother and sister-in-law and 3 darling nephews live there as well!It will be so fun to be close to them for a little while:)  (yes kels I totally stole this pic)


We are (most likely) going to MICHIGAN STATE for Law School this fall!
I say 'most likely' because it is not 100% for sure, but pretty sure. We are really excited about this and the chance to live outside of the Idaho/Utah "bubble" for a while and make new friends. Blake got a scholarship there that is just too good to pass up. We have alot of new adventures ahead of us and even though I know it will be hard to be away from home and we will miss our families SO much, it's a great opportunity and it won't be forever... well at least that's the plan:)

Miss Claire.
She is closing in on 9 months and is just really growing up too fast! (typical mother comment I know).
What she's been up to:

-She talks alot, and makes the sweetest most feminine little noises ever.
-She just got her first 2 teeth. Ouch.
-She is SO CLOSE to crawling... just scooting for now.

-She does this fake laugh/cough thing all the time and we love it, I think she knows it gets her attention.
Her hair is getting so long and just sticks straight up, she is a litttle fuzz ball.
(And yes, Blake thinks she is destined for golf, but I'm certain she'd make a fierce tennis player...only time will tell)
Easter







Until next time, Ciao!

11 comments:

  1. LInds! First of all oh my goodness what adventures you guys will be having!! How Fun!! A marathon?! YOU GO GIRL! OH my goodness I wish I had that much motivation.... maybe someday. Claire is so adorable... she's going to marry our lil man okay. OKAY :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm dying right now. that easter dress is waaaaay too much for me to handle. hahahaha. I love love love love love her. she got TEETH!?!?!?!?! that thing about the little fake cough thing made me laugh out loud. I love her and i love you and I'm soooo proud of you for doing a marathon. you are amazing and hilarious i love reading your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Linds! I just love it when you blog :) its so great every time. First ... A marathon? Really? You ARE CRAZY! But I bet you'll take first.....I know it.... I saw how you and chante trained......FIERCE! :) and that is so fun that you're going to delaware, norm has a mission companion living in Delaware with his wife and they love it. You'll have to tell me how that is. And then onto Michigan?? I'm never gonna see you I swear. But it'll be so fun to experience new things. So excited for you guys. And Claire is freakin adorable as always.....no new thang there ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh..i also just wanted to say that you should do the 30 for 30 thing....please...i would love it if you did.

      Delete
  4. I must admit I am a bit jealous...you have the gumption (sp?) to run a marathon, you get to move out of the bubble and see "The Woodlands" a lot (ps this is how you spell a lot), and you get to do Claire's hair! Congrats to Blake on graduating!

    ReplyDelete
  5. we are so excited about your new adventures. Great job on training for the Marathon Lindsay. congrats Blake on graduation we are looking forward to this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That Claire is just melting my heart with those beautiful big eyes and fluffy hair. I LOVE her! I'm SO SO completely excited that you guys are moving here. Even if it's just for the summer! It will be so fun! I cannot wait. I have big plans for all the fun that we are going to have. :) So awesome you are running a marathon. After my half I swore I'd never do anything like that again. But.... now it sounds pretty fun. You will do awesome. Congratulations to Blake on graduating! And Claire looks more like a tennis player than a golfer. Just saying.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those shoes are HOTT!! So happy for you guys and all the exciting changes. Congratulations! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. L,

    Found you through Morgan! Darling little girl and I love her name.... :) You look sooooo much like a friend of mine I couldn't resist commenting.... congrats on the law school (most likely :)!

    Hope you're okay if I following along... I love Morgan so much already... thought I'd say hi to you!

    XO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jacy, That is so sweet of you thanks! I would love you to follow along :) And yes, Morgan is so great!

      Delete
    2. ps. I love your blog! Just read it today actually:)

      Delete