Thursday, February 16, 2012

Motivation

Hola.
So since the beginning of the new year I have been completely and utterly unmotivated to workout... You would think with my new years resolutions that it would be just the oppostie right? nope. Every night I've been thinking about how gross I felt because I hadn't worked out in so long, and staying inside all day with Claire... I don't know it just started getting to me. So I had been voicing these thoughts to Blake and my dear husband helped me come up with a plan to motivate me! So here it is: for the next 2 months (until the end of the semester) I HAVE to workout 5 of 7 days for at least 20 minutes doing whatever I want to do, but preferably run. Sounds manageable right? My reward will be that I get to buy some new shoes! But not just any new shoes... Nike Frees. I have been wanting some for quite sometime now, and I even get to design my own!


Claire ready for a run

So, that is that, it has been one week since I started and I am feeling SO much better about myself. I don't know why new shoes motivate me so much, but they just do. And I'm thinking that after 2 months I will be in a really good habit of it, not to mention I will have some cool new shoes that will make me want to keep working out. Yes, I like it.





With it being valentine's recently, I thought I'd share our annual Valentine's Day story:
So every year (4 years now) since high school Blake NEVER fails to bring up the same story...
Blake and I had been dating for a few months in high school when our first Valentine's day came around, jokingly I would tell him not to give me a big giant teddy bear for V-day..I don't know, I've just never been the teddy bear/stuffed animal kind of girl, (I mean what can you really do with a stuffed animal?) (sorry if you are one of these people haha) anyways, so Valentine's rolled around and before school Blake gave me my valentine which happend to be an adorable little stuffed animal puppy with little hearts all over it and some candy. I guess I wasn't sure if it was supposed to make me laugh or if it was sincere, nonetheless, I sincerely appreciated this sweet gesture. But I was definitely glad he gave it to me before school so I didn't have to show anyone (I'm weird like that) I don't think I even showed it to my mom.
So months passed and Blake was at my house one day, he looked in my room and didn't see his little puppy being displayed and was a little bit hurt I think haha. He asked where it was and I said, oh it's around here somewhere (secretly worried he was going to find out I had stashed it out of sight). So then he looked in my closet up at a box and was like "I bet it's in there huh" and I was like "ummm yeahh" hahah. So I felt really bad about it but luckily Blake didn't hold it against me, (little did I know it would get brought up every year)  we would laugh alot about how I hid his puppy because I was embarassed about it and it just became a little joke with us. I still have it, and I will keep it forever!
Anyways, every year this story gets brought up...the end.
My sweet little Valentine

 

Other things that have been on my mind lately....




I seriously can NOT stop thinking about summer... mostly so I can get Claire into a swimsuit. Is there anything cuter than a chubby baby in a bathing suit? I think not. I can't help but look online at all of the adorable baby swimsuits.... these are a few of my favorites. Summer can't come fast enough!
Adios!

8 comments:

  1. This is Blake and I feel the need to add a disclaimer that the stuffed animal was kind of a joke. My mom had an extra one and I figured I would give it to Lindsay because she had explicitly asked me not to get her a stuffed animal. Nevertheless, I was highly offended that she hid it where no one would ever, ever see.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those shoes would definitely motivate me. I've never heard of Nike Frees so I guess I'm out of the loop. I die over those leg warmers Claire is wearing. Happy Valentines Day I love you Beary Much (and if I had a stuffed animal to give you I would)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAHAHAHAH! there are soooo many things in this post I want to comment about. "sorry if you are one of those people" hahahha. All those pictures of claire... oh my WORD! i love the other valentine's outfit that I didn't see. wow i am a lucky aunt. I lOVE you lindsay- your goal to exercise has totally motivated me. I'm going to discuss with Derek what should be my prize if I can go everyday for two months. I would do nike frees too but guess what? derek's parents gave me some for my birthday so every member of our little family owns a pair now. haha. I love it. anyways. Maybe a cute exercise outfit or even better.... something for the baby! haha. love all those swimming suits. k i'm done commenting now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait to see Claire Bear in her bathing suit. I love you guys and i loved reading your valentine story. funny. mom b on kellis computer

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hahaha. Love this story. Too funny. I love that you weren't sure if it was a joke or for reals and then Blake made you display it. :) I have never wished so much that I had a girl until I saw those adorable swimsuits. How fun would that be! I love ALL of them. Can't wait to see Claire looking adorable in a swimsuit at Lake Powell! Wish I could go running with you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just bought that green flowered suit for my daughter! It was on sale at Gymboree. and it's DARLING!

    ReplyDelete
  7. lets just talk about how i better have a baby as cute as claire....for real. or i don't want one ...haha. kidding....kind of....

    but linds..i also wanted to say that i NEED SOME MOTIVATION TOO!! norm and i keep saying we're gonna do insanity...and still haven't started it.

    and also: i just wanted to tell you that you're new photo for your header..you're outfit is ADORABLE...the dress...the belt...the boots...everything..so very cute.

    love you linds!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can't believe I'm just reading this post now. You'll have to let us know how the designing of the Nike Frees goes. I adore all of Claire's bows. Someday you will have to teach me your ways haha

    ReplyDelete