Tuesday, July 24, 2012

She's One!


My baby girl turned 1! ... I really can't get over it! It's been fun thinking about her birth and how much our lives have changed (for the better) since the day she was born.

Being a mom is so great! I have learned A LOT in the last year, I realize now how much my mom did for me as a child. Sometimes I wonder how anyone ever takes care of more than one kid... let alone 6... I won't worry about that until the time comes though... for the sake of my stress levels.
I have always dreamed of being a mother, it's always been what I 'wanted to be when I grow up', and now I'm grown up (kind of) and I am a mom.. anyways, I know this is getting a little gushy... but I've just been looking back on the past year and feeling really blessed.






No hands!


We had a small celebration for Claire's birthday, consisting of Claire, myself, and Blake... we had balloons and sang and ate cupcakes and ice cream... and when I say we I mean Blake and I because Claire didn't think my cupcakes were anything special. What kind of child do you have to force feed a cupcake? I'll never understand.





About her:
She has 5 teeth
She still prefers baby food over normal human food...
She hates bread or anything bread-like
She loves popsicles
She doesn't walk yet... getting close though!
She says mama, dada, da (for done) and many other sounds that I haven't found a meaning to yet.
Paper is one of her favorite foods.
I could keep going but I'll stop there:)

I have been thinking a lot lately about how I need to live in the moment and be happy with what is going on in my life RIGHT NOW. I find myself thinking too often - I can't wait til we move back to the west, I can't wait til Blake starts law school, I can't wait til law school is over, I can't wait til we can buy a house, or I can't wait til I have 10 children (...not).

Always thinking about what's coming up next that I can be excited about instead of just living the fun times that are happening right now! I know someday I will look back on these times in my life when we were just starting out and miss them... at least that's what I'm told.

At the fourth of July fireworks in D.C. Blake and I were talking about how people (us included) could hardly sit back and enjoy the fireworks because everyone was so worried about being the first one on the metro and getting back home. Like halfway through the fireworks people were running to get home... it was funny really, we had been waiting all day in 105 degree weather for the fireworks and then when they were finally there we couldn't wait for them to be over and get home.

Anyways... you've heard enough of my jumbled thoughts by now...

6 comments:

  1. No I haven't Hahahahaha please keep going I love love love reading your posts. You are a gem. Claire is a gem. "many other words I haven't found a meaning to yet". Hahahahaha you seriously kill me I love your sense of humor. Thanks for the thoughts on enjoying the moment I really need some of that positive thinking right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love readin your blog! You are so clever and witty and are always makin me laugh! She's soo adorable and you look so good Linds!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't stop laughing about the cupcake!! hahahahaha Love this! What a wonderfully sweet family you have there. I fully support you having 10 kids.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Claire. Her hair is soooo cute! You are the best mom ever, I can't wait for you to get back to the west either. I couldn't help but laugh when you mentioned your stress levels.

    ReplyDelete
  5. First of all.... Savannah... I laughed too at the stressed levels comment. And Linds!! Blog away!! Keep going on your jumbled thoughts because I love them!! I wanted more! Honestly though.... I do.

    And I feel the same way. I keep telling norm we need to live in the moment more and we're Gettin better at it. It's hard sometimes to not wish for something in the future. But yeah..... Good words linds

    ReplyDelete
  6. Claire is such a cutie! And! We had a little party before Oliver left and Axel wouldn't eat his cupcake either! :-( Oh well. Thanks for the reminder to live in the moment. I need that right now. You are wise. And I fully support you having 10 kids also! :-) You're the best mom.

    ReplyDelete