Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Catching Up

So I'm gonna do a little catch up post about our last days in Delaware. We had so much fun in Delaware and got to see and experience a lot of awesome things, but boy are we glad to be home in the West! Here are some of our last adventures in Delaware (it will probly be a picture overload so no pressure to read further) :



We spent a weekend with my brother and sister-in-law who live in Dover and went to Rehobath beach. It was a cooler day so we didn't come prepared with swimsuits, but ended up getting pretty wet anyways. It was so much fun! Claire LOVES the water and the sand... she got really dirty and wet and I'm sure people were thinking we were crazy parents, but what else is new!
 


We went to an Orioles game! Blake's parents came to Delware for a weekend and we enjoyed a game in Baltimore. It was so fun to have them and show them around Delaware a little bit.
 
 
 
 
Blake's work sent everyone on the sales team to Williamsburg, Virgina to go to Busch Gardens and Water Country USA! It was such an awesome drive to Virgina. Claire kind of put a damper on us going on rides and water slides, we did go on a few, but it definitely isn't as fun to go on rides by yourself... but we had really fun anyways!
 

My sister-in-law Kelsey and I went to Lancaster, PA for a day and visited the Amish Country! It really was SO fascinating and we had so much fun visiting all the little shops with amazing handmade quilts. It was my first time seeing a horse and buggy.... loved it! It was blistering hot outside and when we saw a sign for 'Ice Cold Homemade Rootbeer' we just couldn 't resist. It was this sweet little Amish girl who sells it right out of their barn/house, so we got to be right there and really got a feel for how they live. The father was out plowing the fields with a horse-drawn plow. And the little boys were on horses helping their dad. It was really neat and it really made me think how I don't need a lot of the things I have. It was kind of refreshing to me to see a family all working together and just living a really simple, good life. I keep telling Blake I want to run away and join the Amish... perhaps someday.  


We went to NYC! It was definitely one of my favorite things we did. Blake and I were both NYC virgins so we really enjoyed seeing everything!
 
We drove to Staten Island and took the ferry over to Manhattan. We got a great  view of the city as well as the Statue of Liberty coming in on the ferry and Claire liked it too.
 
 We of course went to Times Square... it was mesmerizing
 
 
Claire got to meet the all too friendly Dora the Explora.... Dora came up to us all friendly wanting to hold Claire (no thank you) and get a picture taken... As I was taking their picture sneaky little Mickey Mouse snaked his way into a photo as well, at first I was thinking "wow, really nice characters they've got here" until we were done and they both started patting their bags asking for money haha we should have known... but after all we were rookies.

 
Stopped by the Plaza Hotel, mostly because I LOVE Home Alone.
 
 
Some took a snooze in Central Park,

 
While others did some modeling
 
And other nonsense
 
It was a great summer and we made lots of memories. We have now started the next chapter of our lives: Law School.
 
 
But right now, I'm missing these cutie little boys!
 
 
 
 

4 comments:

  1. Oh Linds I just love reading about your adventures!! I hope to see you soon now that you are closer!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy cow how much fun are you having!? I can't get over how cute Claire is!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahahaha you are a great model. So glad you are back in the west. I love NYC. love claire. love you. see ya tomorra

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look so cute in all these pictures! I miss you guys and little miss Claire. We had so much fun having you here. What luck! Love you!

    ReplyDelete