Oh Florence,
It might have been my favorite city we went to... tough call, I don't want to play favorites. But there was something special about Florence. We have sooo many pictures of Florence and so I tried not to bombard you too much. But... that didn't happen.
This is the HUGE famous Duomo in Florence. We couldn't get over how intricate and magnificent it was inside and out... it knocked my socks off... literally. Okay not literally, but close. So beautiful.
I can't even tell you how many of these pizzas I ate while we were there... So thin and fresh and perfectly delicious. Pizza really is different in Italy.
Beautiful bridge called Ponte Vecchio. I like to be cool and serious. This day could not have been more perfect weather wise, I mean look at those blue skies!
We hiked and hiked, and finally made it to the top of Piazzale Michelangelo.. for this spectacular view of the city. It was phenomenal. In case you're wondering, my fingers say 'wow'.... yeah I'm a tourist. We liked it so much we hiked up again in the evening to see it with the sunset.
We may or may not have been a little bit immature around all the naked statues. I get that they are art and are beautiful... but still, I can't help it.
Vespas, castles christmas lights... what more could you want?
Blake started making fun of my posing the last few days... when you pose for so many pictures you run out of ideas of what to do with your arms... so 90% of the pictures we have I am doing this classic pose. cute right?
So glad he's mine:)
This was NO ordinary hot chocolate... basically pure melted chocolate with cream... amazing.
Being cool again...
It was so fun to be there during Christmas time, they go all out everywhere with the Christmas lights, and I loved it! Again with the pose...
Cloooose up. woah.
1 of the many gelatos I had... boy did I love the mint one!
Florence was so good to us.
On a different note: my dear sweet Grandma Mortensen passed away last week... it was bittersweet. After being apart from her husband for 23 years, they are finally reunited! We are so happy for her. I'm so grateful to know that this life isn't the end. Being at her funeral really helped to remind me of the big picture in life. I get so caught up in things that seem so important to me at the time, when in the grand scheme of things they DON'T MATTER. Can't wait to see her again. These pictures were displayed at her funeral and I hadn't seen them before.... look how glamorous she is!
Next up: Roma!





There's not much that's more beautiful and artistic than a human butt, wouldn't you agree?
ReplyDeleteYour grandma was a pretty lady!!
Lindsay! You are a babe. I can't believe I just found this. I'm now your biggest blog stalker fan :) Love you!
ReplyDelete