This is us on the plane ...so excited for 7 hours on a plane with a ginormous belly--
Hawaii is BEAUTIFUL. I thoroughly enjoyed the entire week... most of my time was spent laying around on the beach or by the pool, eating delicious food, and being amazed by the beauty of Maui. I had to take it easy because our #1 goal on this vacation was NOT to come home with a baby. We joked about how we would give our baby a Hawaiian name if she came early.... but luckily we didn't have to do that.... because she was probably going to be named Mohana Biddulph... yikes!
Highlights of the trip:
- I got to lay on my belly for the first time in a LONG time and it was wonderful.... Blake dug a hole out in the sand for my belly and I could just lay there in the sand and bask... i almost looked normal....
-The luau and our awesome tie dye shirts. (Note: Tie dye only makes a large pregnant woman look larger) All 29 of us had tie dye shirts on... we were quite the sight! You can't tell very well in this picture but my lei is cut... when we checked into the Luau they put a lei on everyone, the girl that was taking us to our seats looked at me frantically and asked if I was expecting... I said yes and she then started to attempt at pulling my lei apart because she said that it symbolized the umbilical cord wrapped around the baby's neck (freaky I know)... she couldn't pull it apart and she really started to panic... it was no joke... so she asked a stronger Hawaiian man to help and he succeeded. Hawaiians are a VERY superstitious people... I was somewhat annoyed by this because all of the beautiful flowers started to fall off... so I tied it back together while no one was looking... bad I know
- Baby sitting our darling nephew Jack. Blake and I had the pleasure of getting to watch little Jack on a couple different occasions while the others went snorkeling and such. People just stared at me ... a 37 week pregnant girl in a swimsuit carrying around a 15 month old... people just stared at me anyways for some reason... I guess it's fun to look at big girls in swimsuits, but when I had Jack there were MANY more stares. Isn't Blake going to be the cutest dad? I think so.
--- and many more highlights that I won't list.
All in all, we had the most wonderful vacation and have been wishing to go back since we left!
We came home to our house in Provo being broken into and both of our laptop computers and about $300 were stolen... it was pretty hard to handle and I'm still trying to lose my bitterness. Anyways, we got
Monday after we got home was the 4th of July and Blake and I had a BBQ which consisted of... Blake and I... we aren't very social haha but it's amazing how much fun we have with just us. We bought a watermelon and literally each ate half of it... we like us some water
As of late I am about 3 days away from my due date and just waiting for this little bundle of joy to arrive... I am SO ready to get her out of me despite all of my fears about being a mother.
Here is a picture of the nursery :).... next time I post will be about my baby!!
LINDSAYYYYYY!!!! this was such an awesome post- I got so excited when I saw that you had posted. That made me laugh all over again about you digging a hole in the sand for your belly. So funny. And oh my gosh your nursery is sooo cute! Those flower pictures turned out so adorable in there. I love it. Can't wait to see the little princess!
ReplyDeleteYou are an incredible blogger. You had me on the edge of my seat the entire time I was reading. When I saw the pic of you laying on the beach I must admit I freaked a little and thought you may not be having a baby afterall because you smooshed but that's awesome what a good idea. The nursery looks great! You are going to love being a mom. They are just so sweet, helpless and innocent and you get to keep alive and well. I love you and know that we will be coming when we get word. Bytheway labor is awesomely PAINFUL so enjoy! Ha (so much for hypnobabies) just get the dang epidural!
ReplyDeleteAWe LINDSAY!!! I'm so excited for you! What an adventure! i can't wait to see the little one! Love you!
ReplyDeleteLove this post! I'm so happy that you were able to go to Hawaii. Looks like you had tons of fun. I love that you guys had a bbq by yourselves and ate half a watermelon each. Awesome. I am excited to see more pictures of Claire. She's adorable.
ReplyDeleteso i heard about everything that happened in this post from you EXCEPT that you got broken into! SCARY! that makes me sad :( provo....of all places. ...but i'm glad you got to have so much fun otherwise.
ReplyDelete