Lindsay and I were able to go home the Friday before Thanksgiving for 9 wonderful days with our families. The main agenda for the first weekend was orchestrating the Woodland family photo. This was the first time that the whole Woodland clan had been together since our wedding, so we were all excited to spend the weekend together. Since the last family photo (5 years ago) 7 new members of the family have been introduced! We all loved how the picture turned out. We took it in the Woodland's backyard, and it really has an Idahoey feel to it wouldn't you say?
The rest of Thanksgiving week was a blast. We ate Thanksgiving dinner at my Uncle Greg's house, and it was absolutely delicious. Claire was dressed in a little turkey shirt that her Grandma Biddulph gave her. She looked quite adorable if I do say so myself.
The Saturday after Thanksgiving we headed up to Swan Valley for the annual Biddulph Tree Expedition. Last year the tree Linds and I found was definitely not the prettiest or well-shaped tree, so this year we resolved to find a real beaut! I packed Claire in on my back, and she loved it! We were a little worried about her getting cold but she was snug as a bug and didn't make a peep the entire time. Once we got to our base camp Lindsay decided to stay by the fire with Claire, and I was left to find the tree on my own. Armed with my dad's snowshoes and an axe, I set off up a steep ravine and after a long trek I found it--a tree to be proud of! With 9 quick strokes of my axe I took care of the tree and dragged it back to camp. I was feeling like quite the mountainman. Lindsay was saying how I was probably a little too proud of my success but oh well. So when we came back to Provo on Sunday we had the tree strapped to the top of our car like a true redneck family. The extra quarter tank of gas that it took to get the tree home was well worth it.
Lindsay and I have been loving the Christmas season. I must say that it is much more enjoyable to have a non-pregnant Lindsay during this time :) I'm sure that it is even better for her. Thanks to the example of Whitney, we both have started doing Insanity. We both hate it and love it at the same time.
If you notice the double chin, you will understand why I stared Insanity.
I have my finals this upcoming week. It will be a relief to finish those and get home for a nice Christmas break. I'll be entering my final semester of undergrad in January. It's crazy to think I'll be a college grad in only 4 months. So far I've heard back from 4 law schools accepting me so Lindsay and I will have some big choices to make in the not so distant future.
Claire is at a really fun age right now. She's very interactive with both of us and always gives me a big ol' smile when I get home from school. She loves squawking at one of us if we aren't giving her 'adequate' attention. At the dinner table she isn't too pleased unless she is sitting on the table in her bumbo so she can see both of us. It's quite the sight on our tiny kitchen table--two dinner plates and Claire in her bumbo leaving little room for anything else. The other night during dinner she just starting giggling non-stop looking back and forth at us. She is truly a joy and our lives would be incomplete without her.






awesome post blakey!!! so proud of you! I love all those pictures, the one of lindsay and claire is beautiful, and i love the one of her in that white layered shirt, and her blue eye peeping out of the backpack thing. Looks like so much fun, wish we could have joined in the festivities!
ReplyDeleteI love this post...... so many fun pictures too! My favorite line would have to be "the extra quarter tank of gas it took to get the tree home." hahahahaha Priceless! I am sad I missed that day but happy you took lots of pictures and videos. Love you all!
ReplyDeleteI have to comment again. lindsay you just look radiant in that picture with you and claire. like mother like daughter! and blake hahaha what is this insanity thing? we will have to do it when I come home because I have a double chin, too. hahaha you crack me up. love you both!
ReplyDeleteps- love the woodland family picture and love her leopard outfit and love that she is still sporting the little pink hat from aunt kewwi.
ReplyDeletesorry linds...that's a bummer! but way to shine Blake. I love this post.
ReplyDeleteThat family picture is perfect!! I love it! Your little girl is getting so big!! She is a doll!!
ReplyDelete-Karly
So first I wanna say Lindsay.......the frustrations of blogging are......well.....frustrating..... But blake....I'm certainly proud of you for stepping up. Not many husbands would do that and I am proud. Thirdly.....Claire is a beautiful little girl and I need to come see her again soon. Fourth....congrats on the acceptances into the schools...and.....that's all I got.
ReplyDeleteLinds, I can't believe how much your family has changed. The twins are soo big now :). Your baby is so beautiful! I'm so sorry you lost your blog...oh how frustrating...Blake that was very nice of you!
ReplyDeleteLindsay you are seriously the most beautiful mother in the world. Claire is I'm not kidding the cutest little mush face I have ever seen! You guys have the most precious little family. :) I hope I can meet little Claire soon. I miss you so much. So glad things are so great for you. xoxoxox
ReplyDeleteOh, this makes me miss you guys. We had so much fun with you guys! I love that little Claire. She is such a beauty. Just like her mama. Congrats on your acceptances, Blake!
ReplyDelete